query: organizing outcomes

colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Sun Feb 8 09:18:32 CST 2004

[ed:  thanks to Mary for responding to Linda's query.]

From: nwbccc at igc.org

There are four basic areas of outcomes

1) Base building - relationship building

Can you quantify or demonstrate new members - either individuals
through grassroots outreach - on the doors - in the lobbies - on the
street or through institutions - #s of congregations, social service
agencies, university programs etc.

2) Leadership Development - how many leaders secured which skills -
not how many trainings they attended - which leaders -by name - did
what - how did involvement I your organization change your leaders
lives?

3) Concrete Victories - How much $$ did you squeeze from the capital
budget? Which law got passed?  What reg got enforced?  What land
use decision got changed? What property changed hands, what loan
got made?????  How did power shift? Make sure you list the
incremental steps

4) Governance & Infrastructure - how is your organization challenging
itself internally and how are new leaders - esp., poor people, involved
in decision making

Mary Dailey, NWBCCC