online organizing examples

colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Thu Feb 5 19:47:46 CST 2004

[ed:  here are some interesting ones.]

From: Daniel Haran <dharan at topnotchtech.com>

Dear comm-org denizens,

In the past few days I received two emails related to online organizing.
Since I am not an American citizen -and living in Canada- this is an
unusual occurrence. I guess these two examples have caught people's
imagination.

The one forwarded below seems to be an effective deconstruction of
Bush's budget priorities (using Oreo cookies!) as well as a successful
recruiting piece for TrueMajority.

The second concerns efforts by Democrats to register voters living
abroad: http://www.commondreams.org/news2004/0128-12.htm

There are apparently enough Americans living in Canada to make a
difference in many swing states. The interesting element is that already
a number of Canadians have forwarded this to American expats,
encouraging them to register and vote _against_ Bush. Any thoughts on
the implications of such trends?

Anyhow, please pass on these campaign links to Americans, especially
expats :)

Peace- Daniel.