query: inclusive zoning organizing

colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Thu Feb 5 19:40:46 CST 2004

[ed:  thanks to James for replying to Shayna's query.]

From: James_DeFilippis at baruch.cuny.edu

Shayna,

The fifth avenue committee in Park Slope Brooklyn just went through a
protracted fight over inclusionary zoning issues, and they might be very
helpful.  Also, groups in Williamsburg Brooklyn are going through this
fight right now, but I can't think of any of the particular groups at the
moment (you might want to contact the Pratt Institute Center for
Community and Environmental Development, or PICCED, and talk to
them.  their new ED is Brad Lander who just left the FAC in Park Slope,
and I think they're involved in Williamsburg).  Also, there was an article
in either Shelterforce or, more likely, City Limits about 4 or 5 months
ago about zoning and the recent fights around it.

Hope this helps,

James

James DeFilippis
Department of Black and Hispanic Studies
Baruch College, CUNY
New York, NY 10010
646-312-4447