query: job experience

colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Thu Feb 5 19:38:17 CST 2004

[ed:  thanks to Bill for replying to Craig's query.]

From: "Bill Schlesinger" <pvida at sbcglobal.net>

You might consider investing another year or so with VISTA --
Volunteers in Service To America.  They offer many positions for
organizing, provide a 'living allowance,' plus about $4,500 education
award that can reduce debt.  An individual can serve up to a total of 3
years.  Many organizations look at their VISTA Volunteers as a
candidate pool for further jobs.