Where are they now--organizer biographies

colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Tue Feb 3 19:54:24 CST 2004

[ed:  I think Steve's idea could engage a number of us in discussion.  In
fact, for a number of you, it could be "where am *I* now.  I know a
number of you on the list whose careers have taken many an
interesting twist.]

Hi folks -

Randy and I have been chatting about how interesting it would be to
have additional "where are they now" updates about individuals and
organizations from various points in community (and perhaps labor and
other) organizing history.

It would be wonderful if one or more individuals - or perhaps a
professor with a class to which this could be assigned as a project! -
could develop a list of such individuals and organizations and then
research and post updates to the list about where they are now (i.e.
what they're doing now, how successful previous efforts were, etc.).

It's possible that this project could lead to some very valuable
information about about organizing longevity and changes over time in
the field.

My question, just to get the ball rolling, would be: which individuals or
organizations from either recent or distant organizing history would
folks most like to know where they are now?

Please reply to the list rather than to me directly.

Steve