query: school organizing

colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Wed Sep 17 21:23:09 CDT 2003

[ed:  thanks to Doug for the resource responding to Nilofer's query.]

There is a book from Univ of Texas Press titled Community
Organizing for Urban School Reform by Dennis Shirley. Published
in 1997. I was given a copy, but have not read it. It appears to be
(entirely?) about the IAF in TX, and includes a good number of
case studies regarding individual schools/districts in TX.