Help Create the Future of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Sun Sep 14 17:07:11 CDT 2003

From: Sarena Seifer <sarena at u.washington.edu>

Dear Colleague,

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is taking a
fresh look at its future. This process requires that they take stock of
who they are, who their customers are, and how well they meet the
current and future needs of the public.

To be sure they include as many people as possible, they are using
an "outside-in" approach in which they will interact with our
customers, partners, stakeholders, and employees.  They are
interested in your thoughts and ideas about CDC's future, and
invite you to share your comments. Please email
futuresgroup at cdc.gov with your thoughts on the most pressing
issues that we, as the public health community, will face in the next
5-10 years, your experience with CDC, or any other views you have
for them as they embark on their Futures Initiative.

A letter from Julie Gerberding, MD, MPH, Director, CDC, is
attached for additional information. Also visit the Futures Initiative
website at www.cdc.gov/futures

[ed:  please contact the sender for a copy of the letter, as COMM-
ORG does not distributes formatted files.]

Community-Campus Partnerships for Health is a nonprofit
organization
that promotes health through partnerships between communities
and
higher educational institutions.  Check out our website at
www.ccph.info

Join us for our first-ever international conference being
cosponsored
by CCPH and The Network: Toward Unity for Health, October 6-10,
2004 in
Atlanta, GA USA

CCPH is the Higher Education Senior Program Advisor for the
Learn and
Serve America National Service-Learning Clearinghouse.  Visit the
Clearinghouse at www.servicelearning.org