job: union organizer

colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Thu Sep 11 08:45:22 CDT 2003

[ed:  this job post includes salary info.]

From: "Maria Svart" <SVARTM at seiu.org>

Please forward widely-
Fight the Good Fight--Become a Union Organizer!

SEIU organizers help working people win dignity and respect on the
job.  Using aggressive and innovative tactics, together we
challenge some of the largest and most powerful corporations in
the world.  And we win!

SEIU has openings for both entry- level and experienced
organizers.  Our Organizer-In-Training Program gives new
organizers extensive training.

Job qualifications: You must have: excellent communication skills;
good judgment; ability to work with people from diverse
backgrounds and cultures; commitment to justice for working
people; willingness to travel and work long & irregular hours.

Positions are available nationwide on an ongoing basis.  Salary
begins at $30,4676 (with excellent benefits). EOE.  Women and
people of color are encouraged to apply.  See our website for more
information: www.seiu.org.

To apply: Send cover letter and resume to: dileoa at seiu.org or
SEIU Human Resources,
1313 L Street, NW, Washington, DC 20005; or fax to 202/898-
3407.

We train talented organizers!  We build strong unions!