critique of Texas faith-based initiative

colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Sun Sep 7 21:33:04 CDT 2003

[ed:  Richard emphasizes the difference faith-based community
organizing and the Bush faith-based social service approach.]

From: Richard L Wood <rlwood at unm.edu>

I've not read the critique yet, but just in response to Randy's
editorial note below: Yes, let's think about possible implications for
faith-based community organizing, but also recognize just how
sharply different the Bush faith-based initiative and the model of
faith-based community organizing are -- really different universes.

But I do look forward to reading the critique, when I swim out from
start-of-semester craziness. Rich Wood, Univ of New Mexico