new paper: Faith-Based Community Organizing and Sysagogue Life

colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Fri Sep 5 20:11:37 CDT 2003

[ed:  thanks to Richard for the comments on Julie and Lee's paper.]

From: Richard L Wood <rlwood at unm.edu>

Colleagues:

I've read this paper already, think it's an excellent look at the
Jewish experience of community organizing under the recent
evolution of that model. Really worth a read, for its challenge both
to the organizing world to better understand synagogues and to the
Jewish community to recommit itself to concrete work for justice in
American life. Richard Wood, University of New Mexico