query: policy textbook

colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Wed Sep 3 21:13:14 CDT 2003

[ed: Doug offers another policy book with a critical perspective.]

From: DougRHess at aol.com

While we're talking about books: one I would recommend that is
more about policy analysis and theory than organizing, but comes
from a very critical perspective is Deborah Stone's  _Policy
Paradox_. She writes for the American Prospect and the book is
very readable. She generally takes on the exaggerated market
perspective in most textbooks on policy. This leads to a more
"polis" or community view on policy development, etc.