VISTA positions in Oakland

colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Sun Jun 29 09:04:28 CDT 2003

From: p Jen <p_jen at yahoo.com>

People's Community Partnership Federal Credit Union is a 2-year-
old community development credit union serving Oakland's (CA)
flatlands. We promote economic empowerment in our membership
area by providing affordable financial services, reaching out to
those who do not have banking relationships, and working to build
and sustain a community-owned financial institution that treats all
members with dignity.

Two AmeriCorps*VISTA community outreach positions are
available. One position includes implementation of our Youth
Individual Development Account (IDA) matched savings account
program at McClymonds High School. The other position focuses
on financial education programs.

Qualifications: Experience in community organizing/outreach in
diverse communities; strong speaking and presentation skills;
ability to speak a language other than English (preferred);
commitment to economic empowerment and community
development; strong writing and research skills, including
familiarity with the Internet; experience with adult education; self-
motivation; reliability.

Benefits of Americorps*VISTA program: Monthly stipend (for one
year commitment); Health insurance; training.

Contact:
Sherry Alexander
PCPFCU, 900 Market St. Ste L Oakland 94607
(510) 267-0450  sgalex16 at hotmail.com