query: social capital and community development

colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Sun Jun 29 09:03:02 CDT 2003

[ed:  thanks to Hillary for replying to Ephrem's query.]

From: "Hillary R. Aisenstein" <hillarya at pobox.upenn.edu>

there was also something recently about inter-connections between
and among CDCs and how that relates to community impact...here
it is...

J.  Civic Infrastructure and the Financing of Community
Development

[posted from LISC e-newsletter]

Civic Infrastructure and the Financing of Community Development,
a new Brookings Institution study written by William Bogart,
examines the link between community development organizations
and the vitality of community development itself. Using case
studies from three major cities, the paper indicates that those with
the strongest and most diverse network of nonprofit community
development organizations realize greater private sector
participation. The result is fewer subsidies per project, leading to
more community development activity. To download this paper,
visit the Brookings Institution website:

http://www.brookings.edu/es/urban/publications/20030527_bogart.h
tm