query: grant sources

colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Thu Jun 12 07:38:52 CDT 2003

[ed:  feel welcomed to copy COMM-ORG with your responses to
Michael's query.  A brief response from me below.]

From: Doc Byrd <darkhorsedoctor at yahoo.com>

Dear List Members:

I am currently working with a team on a grantseeking project in
Nashville, TN.

To give you some background, our institution is partnering with a
neighborhood association and other community and government
partners to leverage grant dollars in support of outreach activities.
These activities include:  crime prevention, community organizing
and planning, and health care/disease prevention in a northwest
Nashville neighborhood.

With the wealth of experience and knowledge on the COMM ORG
listserv, I was wondering if any members had information,
suggestions, or advice on possible grants or actions we might take
to increase our chances as grantseekers?

Thanks for your help!  It would probably be most appropriate to
respond to my personal e-mail:  darkhorsedoctor at yahoo.com

Michael Byrd
Nashville, TN

Michael Byrd, Ph.D.

"Our wills and fates do so contrary run
That our devices still are overthrown,
Our thoughts are ours; their ends
none of our own."
--William Shakespeare (Hamlet)--

[ed:  the Federal Weed and Seed program will fund this type of
work.  The program does expect involvement of the local Police
but it does not require control by them so it is possible for
community organizations to apply for these funds.]