welcome: language, CO and CD

colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Thu Jul 31 12:06:37 CDT 2003

[ed:  thanks to Jennifer for contributing to the conversation]

From: Jennifer Gifford <jgifford at uwcact.org>

This exchange reminds me of a magazine clipping I posted on my
cubicle wall to remind me of a personal distinction that I try to carry
with me in my work...it's simply credited as an "African maxim" so
unfortunately I don't know its origin but it says:

"If you come to help me, then you waste your time, but if you come
because your liberation is tied up with mine, then we can both
grow."