community-based research abstracts

colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Wed Jul 16 20:30:01 CDT 2003

[ed:  here is a resource for those of you interested in the practice of
community-based research.]

From: "Jill Chopyak Hogan" <jill.chopyak at icrweb.org>

APOLOGIES FOR CROSS POSTING
PLEASE FORWARD AS APPROPRIATE

Dear Friends,

On July 16, 2003, the Institute for Community Research (ICR) will
launch ICR-Abstracts, an on-line list that will make available to its
subscribers the latest bibliographic and abstract information
available on publications related to the emerging field of
community-based research

ICR is an independent community-based organization in Hartford,
CT (USA) committed to using the tools of community-based
research

 in collaboration with community partners

 to create social change in Hartford and beyond.

Approximately every three weeks, ICR will post abstract and
bibliographic information on community-based research to list
members, creating an electronic bibliography and resource for
information related to community-based worldwide. Practitioners
from community organizations, universities, public and private
funding agencies, decision makers at the local and national levels,
and other national organizations are encouraged to subscribe.

As community-based research is multi-disciplinary, so is the list.
We encourage subscribers from all fields engaged in community-
based research!

To subscribe, send an email to: icr-abstracts-
subscribe at topica.com leaving the subject line blank, or go to ICRs
website (www.incommunityresearch.org) and subscribe from there.

ICR-Abstracts is not a discussion list, but if you have publications
that you would like us to post (either your own or others you know
of), simply reply to the posting, and include the bibliographic and
abstract information for the resource. Please include contact
information so we can get in touch with you in case we have any
questions.

Thank you!

The Institute for Community Research