query: Stories and community building

colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Wed Jul 16 20:27:08 CDT 2003

[ed:  Natasha's query continues to generate fascinating resources.
Thanks to Nola and Helen for their contributions.]

From: Nola Kunnen <N.Kunnen at curtin.edu.au>

Dear All

Work undertaken by the Dulwich Centre, Adelaide Australia relates
to Natasha's query - http://www.dulwichcentre.com.au/ Apologies if
this has been recommended previously. I have found their work
relevant for many aspects of community practice.

Nola Kunnen Dept of Social Work & social Policy Curtin University,
Perth Western Australia

******************************

From: "Deines, Helen" <HDeines at spalding.edu>

I second Paul Abels' recommendation of Reflections:  Narratives in
the Helping Professions.

I suggest, in addition, Jasper's 1997 book The art of moral protest:
Culture, biography, and creativity in social movements (University
of Chicago Press).

Helen Deines
Associate Professor of Social Work
Spalding University