query: Stories and community building

colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Thu Jul 10 14:16:48 CDT 2003

[ed: thanks to Linda for replying to Natasha's query.]

From: Linda Ocasio <linda at nhi.org>

Natasha,

See "Relying on Ourselves: the Spirit of Rural Community
Development" in Shelterforce #121
(www.nhi.org/online/issues/121/Pearson.html) for an article by
Nelda K. Pearson about community development strategies in
Appalachia that include storytelling.

Also, see the story about "One Book, One Community," a rural
memoir writing project, on the Rural Roots website (part of the
Rural School and Community Trust):
www.ruraledu.org/roots/rr403d.htm.

Linda Ocasio
Managing Editor