query: database

colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Fri Jul 4 19:05:30 CDT 2003

[ed:  please feel welcomed to copy COMM-ORG with your

From: "Robin Najar" <r.najar at cbpr.org>

I am looking for a way to get a database up and running on the web
that would be used by individuals looking to network with others
and find resources for the practice of Community-Based
Participatory Research.  We are looking for methods that other
non-profits have used to create databases.  If anyone has any
directions they can point me in, it would be very much appreciated.

[ed:  it is a shame that PARnet is no more, as they had a very nice
database.  I have also been part of a project over the past 5 years
developing this practice in a number of locations, and we are at the
point now that we will soon be starting a list serv for people
interesting in trading resources on CBPR and its related practices.
You can also find some collections of resources, though not
necessarily searchable databases, on the COMM-ORG "Action
Research" page at http://comm-org.utoledo.edu/research.htm ]