query: housing development training

colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Fri Jul 4 18:51:23 CDT 2003

[ed:  thanks to Harold and Sandy for replying to Sandra's query.  ]

From: Harold Simon <hsimon at nhi.org>

Hi all,

Recently Shelterforce ran an article called: So You Want to be A
Developer: www.nhi.org/online/issues/121/Brehm.html

But, over the years we've run lots of articles about capacity building
and CDCs. The articles are indexed on our web site
at: http://www.nhi.org/online/issues.html

Capacity Building at: http://www.nhi.org/online/issues/capacity.html

The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas (214-922-5254) published an
excellent guide called "Breaking Ground: A Beginner's
Guide for Nonprofit Developers."

It's simple, straight-forward and full of resources. I hope it's still in
print.

Good luck.

-Harold

From: "John and Sandy O'Donnell" <sjod at interaccess.com>

Right in your home state!  The Chicago Rehab Network is the place
for training and support of CDCs.  Its focus is affordable housing
development. Go to www.chicagorehab.org.

Sandy O'Donnell