query: urban revitalization models

colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Sat Nov 30 21:42:00 CST 2002

[ed:  Andrew's query also gives some opportunity to have some
discussion comparing different urban development models.  Please
feel welcome to contribute.]

From: "Andrew Carter" <andrew.carter at gle.co.uk>

Dear Listmembers,

I'm currently doing work in London analysing and critiquing urban
revitalisation models and initiatives that look at inner city issues
from an economic competitiveness perspective as opposed to a
social deprivation perspective.  In other words, adopting the
Michael Porter ICIC model.

I'd be really grateful for information of research, evaluations etc
that have critiqued Porter's work and his approach more generally
and those that have proposed alternative models for inner city
revitalisation that still use economic competitiveness as a driver.

Thanks.

Andrew Carter

Andrew Carter
OneLondon Ltd