query: indigenous communities and families

colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Sun Nov 17 21:42:00 CST 2002

[ed:  thanks to Mark for responding to Kay's query (reprinted at the
end of this message).]

From: mark george <mpgeorge777 at yahoo.com>

hi, i would suggest getting in touch with the people's
institute for survival and beyond.  the PI does a
great job helping both service
provides/educators/academics and grassroots folks
understand why children are "de-tached" from
self/community. it has multiple offices in
various regions but the main office is in new orleans
(504) 241-7472

mark george