query: NPOs using critical thinking with youth

colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Thu Nov 14 20:45:07 CST 2002

[ed:  please feel welcomed to copy COMM-ORG with your

From: Matthew Randazzo <randazzo at mail.utexas.edu>

Greetings,

I found the listserv very helpful with my last query and hoped that
you could be of assistance again.

I'm a graduate student at UT Austin and I'm in a class that's trying
to develop a program to teach critical thinking skills to adolescents
and young adults.  The idea is that building the critical thinking
capacity of these individuals will lead to positive educational and
social outcomes.  Essentially, we view critical thinking as a tool for
building civic engagement and capacity.

Do you know of any NPO's that have piloted similar programs?  Do
you have any general guidance or feedback that you're willing to
share?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Matthew

Matthew Randazzo, Research Assistant

Ray Marshall Center for the Study of Human Resources

Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs

3001 Lake Austin Blvd., Suite 3.200

Austin, TX 78703-4204

(512) 471-7891 (voice)

(512) 471-0585 (fax)