query: indigenous communities and families

colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Tue Nov 12 20:42:01 CST 2002

[ed:  Kay is expanding on her original query, reprinted at the end of
this message.  Please feel free to copy COMM-ORG with your

From:    Kay Hannan <kayhan at northnet.com.au

Another request please. I have been contacted by
someone from the Indian community, and she is based in
New Mexico. She gave me some information on strategies
which have been introduced to help heal families so
that parents might take more responsibility for their
children.

What I am wondering is if anyone can put me in touch
with other First World communities where efforts are
being made to introduce strategies (perhaps through
holistic healing) and efforts to re-attach children. I
am looking at Alaska and Canada in particular.

Many thanks

Kay