query: CO/CD journals

colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Wed Jul 24 16:45:29 CDT 2002

[ed:  Adam offers some references for Charles' query, and Charles
says thanks to all.]

From: Adam Flint <flint at igc.org>

Greetings

I'm not sure what the purpose of a portfolio review is, but I can
recommend two journals that are decidely academic in nature and a
bit more accessible in terms of price than the JAI series.

1. Mobilization
http://www.infonex.com/mobilization/Table%20of%20Contents/

2.Social Movement studies
http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/carfax/14742837.html

The former has been publishing for about 3 years now and the latter
just came out this year. Mobilization is very much a creation of
some of the most active scholars in the field and is connected to the
Collective Behavior/Social Movements (CBSM) Section of the
American
Sociological Association.

For what its worth, here's the web page for the CBSM which also
contains teaching and some organizing links and other resources.

-Adam Flint

Adam Flint
Doctoral Candidate
Department of Sociology
State University of New York
Binghamton, NY 13902
tel 607-431-4610
fax 607-777-4197
flint at igc.org

************************

From: Charles Heying <heyingc at pdx.edu>

Thanks to all who replied with suggestions for good journals in CD
and social movements.  I have passed your recommendations
along to the committee.

A clear concensus emerged that Shelterforce offered the best
coverage of CD especially accessible to practitioners.

Charles

Charles Heying, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Urban Studies and Planning