membership and tactics readings

colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Mon Jul 22 12:43:09 CDT 2002

From: "Steve Taylor" <steve at miltoxproj.org>

Hi folks:

The current issue of Grassroots Fundraising Journal
(www.grassrootsfundraising.org) has an interesting article on
building membership programs.

Steve

Revitalizing Your Membership Program:
Why Do You Need Members- and Why Do They Need You?
By Ellis M.M. Robinson

http://www.grassrootsfundraising.org/titles/feature21_4.html

[ed:  the above article is now linked from the COMM-ORG
"Readings" page.]

I'd also like to make folks on this list aware of a new report co-
authored by one of my colleagues who works for the Chemical
Weapons Working Group.  The report - called "Learning Not to
Burn: A Primer for Citizens on Alternatives to Burning Hazardous
Waste" - covers a grassroots strategy to oppose incineration, how to
judge technologies, technology options to inceration, and more.  If
focuses on the need to combine zero waste/clean production
strategies and anti-incineration strategies for a holistic approach. It
also includes case studies on the movements to stop chemical
weapons incineration nationally and to force clean production
strategies at Kodak's facilities.

The report is available at http://www.cwwg.org/learningnottoburn.pdf

Steve Taylor
Military Toxics Project