toxics organizing

colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Fri Jul 19 16:18:15 CDT 2002

From: "Steve Taylor" <steve at miltoxproj.org>

Hi all:

I'd like to make folks on this list aware of a new report co-authored
by one of my colleagues who works for the Chemical Weapons
Working Group.  The report - called "Learning Not to Burn: A Primer
for Citizens on Alternatives to Burning Hazardous Waste" - covers a
grassroots strategy to oppose incineration, how to judge
technologies, technology options to inceration, and more.  If focuses
on the need to combine zero waste/clean production strategies and
anti-incineration strategies for a holistic approach. It also includes
case studies on the movements to stop chemical weapons
incineration nationally and to force clean production strategies at
Kodak's facilities.

The report is available at http://www.cwwg.org/learningnottoburn.pdf

Steve Taylor
Military Toxics Project