query: CO/CD journals

colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Fri Jul 19 16:12:01 CDT 2002

[ed:  please feel welcomed to copy COMM-ORG with your

From: Charles Heying <heyingc at pdx.edu>

As a member of the publications committee for ARNOVA, I have
been asked to help develop a list of journals for a portfolio review.
Specifically, my assignment is to identify two of the best journals for
community development/grassroots organizing and similarly two
best for social movements. These journals could be oriented to both
practitioners and academics.  I would appreciate any
recommendations from members of the list.

Charles Heying, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Urban Studies and Planning
Portland State University
506 S. W. Mill Street
Portland, OR  97207-0751

heyingc at pdx.edu
(503) 725-8416
Fax (503) 725-8770

[ed:  quick list from me would include the Journal of Community
Practice, Journal of the Community Development Society,
Community Development Journal, and one of those JAI Press
annual volumes on social movements.  The Sociological Quarterly
used to do some good social movements stuff on occasion.  The
Journal of Urban Affairs sometimes has CD stuff.]