new COMM-ORG paper: local governance

colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Wed Jul 17 08:42:01 CDT 2002

Hi COMM-ORG.

I am very pleased to announce the next COMM-ORG working
paper, by Moshe ben Asher, titled "Secession is Not the Solution."

This will be an interesting paper for those of you concerned with
how to truly make politics, and government, local.  So much of
community organizing is about taking back local control, but we
have very few models of how to institutionalize such control.  This
paper presents one possibility.

You can find the paper linked from the COMM-ORG "Papers" page:

http://comm-org.utoledo.edu/papers.htm

or directly at:

http://comm-org.utoledo.edu/papers2002/benashergov.htm

As always, Moshe and I welcome and encourage discussion of the
paper.  Feel welcomed to send comments to the list or directly to
Moshe.

Randy
moderator/editor, COMM-ORG
randy at comm-org.utoledo.edu