query: awareness and action

colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Wed Jul 10 08:16:06 CDT 2002

[ed:  please feel welcomed to copy COMM-ORG with your

From: "John Glass" <jeglass at familyplace.org>

Hi

wanted to ask if anyone knew of any studies that support the idea
that increased public awareness about a community issue results in
an increase in action among the community. In our world, for
example, does increased awareness about domestic violence
(through public education efforts) result in an increase of folks
seeking services.

I am sure that there is a plethora of data related to marketing, but
have not heard of anything related to non-commercial efforts.

Thanks

John

John e Glass
Director, Program Evaluation