New COMM-ORG Papers: Alinsky in history and Germany

colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Tue Dec 31 17:42:00 CST 2002

Hi COMM-ORG.

I am very pleased to announce the availability of two new COMM-
ORG papers.  Both papers are authored by Peter Szynka.

The first, "Community Organizing and the Alinsky Tradition in
Germany" brings COMM-ORG a much-needed international
perspective.

The second paper, "Three Alinskys?", brings COMM-ORG back to
its roots, with an interesting historical perspective.

You can find the papers at the COMM-ORG "Papers" page, in the
2002 papers section:

http://comm-org.utoledo.edu/papers.htm

I hope that both papers inspire some discussion.  Authors
contribute papers to COMM-ORG in the hopes of getting
comments, so please feel welcomed to contact Peter directly or
discuss the papers through the list.

I am also experimenting with a new format for these papers.  If you
run into any problems with the format, or have any aesthetic
comments, please let me know.

Thanks so much to Peter for contributing his work.

Randy Stoecker
moderator/editor, COMM-ORG
randy at comm-org.utoledo.edu