call for proposals

colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Sat Dec 21 14:12:00 CST 2002

From: "Jwiley" <Jwiley at THEPRAXISPROJECT.ORG>

APOLOGIES FOR CROSS POSTING!  PLEASE DISTIBUTE WIDELY!

Policy Advocacy for Tobacco and Health (PATH)

An Initiative to Build Capacity in Communities of Color for Tobacco Policy Change

Call for Proposals Released

December 16, 2002

Please visit our Web site http://www.thepraxisproject.org <http://www.thepraxisproject.org/>  to download a copy of the PATH Call for Proposals and for additional information about the application process. Please note that the applications for the PATH Program are due on Friday, February 14, 2003
at 5 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.

We are currently conducting Pre Application Workshops in select communities across the U.S. and providing general technical assistance to potential applicants via telephone, email and the Internet .  Please visit our Web site for more information about the workshops. You can also reach the Praxis
office by calling 202-234-5921 or by email: info at thepraxisproject.org.

PATH is a national initiative supported by The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation to provide resources for community-based organizations and tribal groups interested in implementing effective tobacco prevention and cessation policy initiatives.

You can learn more about The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation in this and other areas at http://www.rwjf.org <http://www.rwjf.org/> .

Thank you for your interest in PATH! Please feel free to forward this email to colleagues. If you would like to post this information to listservs or other websites, please use the language provided above.

Sincerely,

Makani Themba-Nixon

Director, Policy Advocacy for Tobacco and Health

Phone: (202) 234-5921   email: mthemba at thepraxisproject.org

Elva Yañez

Deputy Director, Policy Advocacy for Tobacco and Health

Phone: (323) 255-5843  email: eyanez at thepraxisproject.org