query: age and activism

colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Mon Dec 16 22:42:03 CST 2002

[ed:  thanks to kmccook for replying to Helen's message (reprinted
below).]

From: kmccook at tampabay.rr.com

Alliance for Retired Americans”a strong, new voice for retired
workers and their families. The Alliance is not a senior citizens
social club and it is not an organization formed to sell you things. It
is a way for retired union members and others to make their voices
heard. More than 2.7 million people are members already. The
mission of the Alliance for Retired Americans is to ensure social
and economic justice and full civil rights for all citizens so that they
may enjoy lives of dignity, personal and family fulfillment and
security. The Alliance believes that all older and retired persons
have a responsibility to strive to create a society which incorporates
these goals and rights; and that retirement provides them with
opportunities to pursue new and expanded activities with their
unions, civic organizations, and their communities.
http://www.retiredamericans.org/index.htm