jobs: organizers

colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Sun Dec 8 21:44:02 CST 2002

[ed:  This job post includes salary info.  Please e-mail Ben at the
address below for the training description.]

From: "Ben MacConnell" <institute at thedartcenter.org>

Do you know anyone that's graduating this summer and is
interested in a career in organizing around social and economic
justice?

I am writing to you today because we are seeking applications from
recent and upcoming graduating seniors for our community
organizer positions due to start June, 2003. Selected Community
Organizer Trainees will be paid to trained under seasoned
organizers in the field, and will be given the opportunity to work
directly on a multiple set of racial and economic justice issues like
police misconduct, education reform, environmental justice,
affordable housing, and others.

Last year, we hired and trained 18 organizers through the four
month DART Organizers Institute who went onto accept Executive
Director and Immigrant Organizing positions throughout the country
making between $27 - 34,000 in starting salaries. Attached you will
find a brief description of our training for passing along to others
you know that might be interested in community organizing. Please
let me know if you would be kind enough to pass these materials
along to fellow student activists.

Ben MacConnell
Direct Action & Research Training Center
Ph: (785) 841-2680
www.thedartcenter.org <http://www.thedartcenter.org>