jobs: strategist and trainer

colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Wed Dec 4 13:12:01 CST 2002

[ed: these job posts include salary info.]

From:   David Desiderato <ddesiderato at neaction.org>

Senior Campaign Strategist/Researcher
Northeast Action
Hartford CT or Boston MA

Northeast Action is the support center of a network of organizations and
coalitions building progressive power in the northeast. Through our Money
and Politics Project, we have been national trendsetters in helping secure
passage and implementation of comprehensive campaign finance reform laws in
Maine, Vermont and Massachusetts. We work with our state affiliates on
reform efforts for campaign finance reform and voting rights in states
across the region.

Northeast Action also provides critical support to our affiliates on other
vital issue campaigns. These include nationally recognized projects on
health care. corporate accountability, and tax and budget reform. To
support and strengthen these and similar efforts, Northeast Action is
seeking an experienced campaign strategist with good research skills who
has an extensive background working at a senior level on grassroots
organizing campaigns.

Approximately half of the job will be spent assisting the Money and
Politics Project and working with our state campaign finance reform groups.
The balance of the job will be devoted to supporting other priority issue
campaigns identified by Northeast Action in connection with our state
affiliates.

Core responsibilities:
· Support affiliate projects, issue campaigns and organizing efforts with
campaign strategy, planning and follow through;
· Conduct research to support regional and state campaigns, particularly on
issues such as money and politics, corporate accountability and tax and
budget reform;
· Support state campaigns in other areas such as overall strategy,
constituent mobilization, fund raising and media;
· Prepare briefing papers for regional and state campaigns and elected
officials;
· Interface with national and regional experts, adapting national resources
and materials for state campaigns;
· Facilitate communications among leaders and activists of regional and
state campaigns, conduct conference calls, roundtables, and conference
sessions.
· Participate in fundraising efforts to support issue campaign work of
Northeast Action and our affiliates.

Qualifications
· Commitment to social, economic and racial justice;
· Experience in envisioning, designing and conducting organizing campaigns;
· Experience organizing in communities of color and in multi-cultural settings;
· Experience in research design, data analysis, and report writing;
· Excellent written and oral communication skills;
· Ability to move workplans, manage multiple projects, prioritize tasks and
meet deadlines;
· Computer proficiency;
· Willingness to travel in the region.

Salary:  $34,000 to $45,000, depending on experience.
Benefits:  Excellent
Union:  Staff are members of United Auto Workers, Local 376.
Notes: We strongly encourage people of color and women to apply.
Applications will begin being reviewed on December 10, 2002 and on a
rolling basis thereafter.
Apply to:  Senior Campaign Strategist/Researcher Search, Northeast Action,
30 Germania St., Boston, MA 02130, 617-541-0500 (phone) 617-541-0533 (fax).
neaction at neaction.org

------------------------

Training Coordinator
Northeast Action
Hartford CT or Boston MA

Training Coordinator
Northeast Action
Hartford CT or Boston MA

Northeast Action is a network of organizations and coalitions building
progressive power in the northeast.  We have greatly increased our training
and organizing support work in the region in the past several years, and we
now seek an experienced trainer with an extensive organizing background to:
1) develop and expand our training program; 2) work with our state
affiliates to meet their training needs;  and 3) develop and modify our
existing training curriculum and materials.

Core responsibilities:
Conduct 2-day organizing training regionally and in the states.
Conduct in-depth organizer training targeted to organizers of color.
· Identify training needs of Northeast Action affiliates and assist with
training, planning, mentoring, and in-the-field post-training support.
· Develop and conduct train-the-trainer sessions.
· Develop, customize, and modify the training curriculum to increase
effectiveness and meet specific audience needs; ensure that the curriculum
and training notes are preserved and shared as needed.
· Develop and begin implementing post-training support and mentoring
systems for training graduates.
· Work with other staff to identify and secure funding for the training and
related programs.
· Participate in fundraising efforts to support training work of Northeast
Action and our affiliates.

Qualifications
· Commitment to social, economic and racial justice
· Experience in designing and delivering organizing trainings
· Experience in organizing;  understanding and appreciation of a range of
organizing models and approaches, including basebuilding drives, issue
campaigns, and electoral organizing
· Experience organizing in communities color and in multi-cultural settings
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Ability to move workplans, manage projects, prioritize tasks and meet
deadlines.
· Computer proficiency
· Willingness to travel in the region

Salary:  $34,000 to $45,000, depending on experience.
Benefits:  Excellent
Union:  Staff are members of UAW Local 376.
Notes:  We strongly encourage people of color and women to apply.
Applications will begin being reviewed on December 10, 2002 and on a
rolling basis thereafter.
Apply to: Training Search, Northeast Action, 30 Germania St., Boston, MA
02130, 617-541-0500 ph   617-541-0533 fx  neaction at neaction.org

------------------------

Northeast Action is the regional hub and support center for a dynamic
network of citizen action organizations and coalitions in New England and
New York. Founded in 1984, our goal is a democratic society based on
principles of social justice, and cultural and racial diversity, that seeks
to involve ever greater numbers of people in the public decisions that
shape their lives. Our affiliates are: Citizen Action of New York, New
Hampshire Citizens Alliance, the Connecticut Citizen Action Group, the
Maine Peoples' Alliance, Ocean State Action in Rhode Island, the
Commonwealth Coalition in Massachusetts, and the Dirigo Alliance in Maine.
For more information, visit our web site: www.neaction.org/.