In memory of Rosemary Derrick

colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Fri Sep 28 09:13:50 CDT 2001

[ed:  thanks to Kim for the further reflections on Rosemary
Derrick's life.]

From: kimf at his.com

I too have been mourning Rosemary Derrick's death, feeling the loss, and
holding her in my thoughts during this reflective time in the Jewish calendar.
Rosemary was a NOA Board member from '94 to '99 and was active in the
Organizers of African Descent Caucus and on the most recent Board Nominating
Committee.  Deceptively soft spoken and always shunning the spotlight, she
brought the power of her principles, along with shrewd assessments, a lovely
sense of humor and a great humanity. NOA is a different and better organization
because she cared about it, and my life is better for having known her
generosity of spirit and her smile.  Kim

[ed:  NOA is the National Organizers Alliance, about which
you can learn more at http://www.noacentral.org/ ]