Organizing around September 11, 2001

colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Mon Sep 17 09:42:00 CDT 2001

[ed: please feel free to copy COMM-ORG with your responses
to David's query.]

From: "David M. Chavis" <dchavis at capablecommunity.com>

Please send me  examples or ideas of what community organizations,
foundations, and other groups can do or are doing. We are compiling a list
and hope to circulate it through the internet Monday or Tuesday.  We have,
as does most everyone, the emergency relief information. We want to look a
little ahead.

We are interested in how communities can  prevent and deal with the backlash
toward Middle Easterners  and Muslims as well as other ways communities
can deal with the shock, grief, and maybe even have some good come out of
this.

We will send this list to Comm-Org as soon as it is completed.

David

David M. Chavis
Association for the Study and Development of Community
312 South Frederick Ave.
Gaithersburg, MD 20877
301.519.0722  ext 109 (voice)
301.519.0724 (fax)