job: coordinator

colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Thu Nov 8 17:46:18 CST 2001

From: David Desiderato <ddesiderato at neaction.org>

OneCT  Coordinator

OneCT is a coalition of over 40 groups committed to public action,
advocacy and education that promote a better quality of life for all
Connecticut residents.  OneCT strives to ensure that the state's
policies and practices are conducive to the well being of all our
residents, regardless of good or bad economic times.  We work
toward the goal of creating one prosperous Connecticut, undivided
by damaging economic disparities among its residents,
municipalities and regions.  After growing rapidly for two years and
achieving important successes as an all-volunteer organization, we
are now seeking a highly skilled full-time staff person to help us
advance social change and build the coalition.

We are looking for an individual committed to social/economic
justice, who is skilled at public education, engaging organizational
members, developing local grassroots support, facilitating
relationships among diverse organizations and working closely with
the steering committee to implement the workplan of the coalition.
This position is ideal for an enthusiastic organizer who is interested
in effecting change at the grassroots level and influencing public
policy decisions.

Qualifications:
--  Minimum of 2 years experience organizing/coordinating
--  Knowledge of range of organizations in CT
--  Ability to manage concurrent activities; well-organized,
dependable,
hard-working
--  Training experience in advocacy and organizing
--  Experience organizing diverse groups and populations
--  Understanding of current social policy in Connecticut
--  Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
--  Experience in and comfort with databases and electronic
communication

Frequent in-state travel.  Must be available to work some evenings
and weekends. Salaries and benefits negotiable based on
experience.

Send resume and cover letter to: Amy Miller, CWEALF, 135 Broad
Street, Hartford, CT 06105. Apply by Friday, November 23, 2001
when we will begin reviewing resumes and will continue on a rolling
basis thereafter.