jobs: VISTAS

colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Thu May 31 21:49:01 CDT 2001

From: OriSharir at aol.com

The Sunset Park Community HealthCorps is looking for a few good VISTAs.

The Sunset Park Family Health Center Network's Community HealthCorps seeks
to be responsive to evolving family and community issues by utilizing
principles of cultural competence, strengths-and empowerment-based
modeling,community collaboration, participatory group management, short-
and long-termstrategic planning, and service integration.

We have six full-time Americorps* VISTA positions starting July/August
2001in Brooklyn, New York.

These VISTAs will focus their efforts on health and social service access
issues for the medically underserved communities of southwest
Brooklyn.  The project scope includes youth development, older adults,
family support services, and community health education and outreach.

For a full project description including detailed job descriptions, please
contact Diane Feliciano at 718-567-9673 or email Orianne Sharir at
OriSharir at aol.com.

We look forward to hearing from you soon!