query: non-Western religious organizing

colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Wed May 30 12:46:32 CDT 2001

[ed:  please copy COMM-ORG with your reply as we are always looking for
more international organizing connections.]

From: Adam Levner <adam at stand.org>

As part of our organizing workshops, we include familiar stories
from history that illustrate the power and sometimes hidden history
of organizing.   Several of these examples come from Western
religions- the Apostles, Moses, etc.  To provide some religious
and cultural balance, we would like to include some examples from
non-Western religions and cultures.  If anyone knows of any effective
stories or resources, please let us know.  Thanks very much.

-Adam Levner
Maryland Organizer
Stand For Children

Join us at http://www.stand.org!