digital divide resource

colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Thu May 24 18:47:36 CDT 2001

From: frontdoor <frontdoor at childrenspartnership.org>

The Children's Partnership has posted a new online resource with
state-by-state data and information tools addressing the digital
age.  Located at http://www.childrenspartnership.org/youngamericans/, The
Young Americans and the Digital Future Campaign's TOOLKIT FOR ACTION is
designed to help policy makers, business and civic leaders address the
digital divide and other digital age issues affecting our nation's
youth.  Its focus is on decision-making within states and local communities.

The online Toolkit for Action contains statistics, policy models, case
examples and links to web resources, with special attention to the needs of
low-income and other underserved young people.  Information will be updated
periodically and feedback is welcome.

The Young Americans and the Digital Future Campaign is coordinated by The
Children's Partnership with funding from the AT&T Foundation, the David and
Lucille Packard Foundation, and AOL Time Warner Foundation. Campaign
partners are the National Urban League, the Leadership Conference on Civil
Rights, Fight Crime: Invest in Kids, and the Center for Policy Alternatives.

We appreciate your assistance in notifying your colleagues, constituents,
and supporters of this extensive online resource.  For more information,
please contact The Children's Partnership at
frontdoor at childrenspartnership.org