query: pros/cons of canvassing

colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Mon Mar 26 09:52:56 CST 2001

[ed:  please copy COMM-ORG with any interesting responses to David's
query.]

From: david croteau <dcroteau at mail1.vcu.edu>

Hi,
	I'm looking for information on the pros and cons of canvassing as
fundraising and information distribution strategy.  Our local living wage
coalition is entertaining a proposal to establish such an effort to do
fundraising and information distirbution.  I'm looking for any written
material on the subject, or even any advice you might have about what
does/doesn't work, etc.
	Thanks in advance.
David Croteau * Sociology & Anthropology * PO Box 842040 *
Virginia Commonwealth University * Richmond, VA 23284