online organizing example

colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Sun Mar 25 07:44:59 CST 2001

From: "Doug Hess" <DHess at frac.org>

Another example of online organizing/campaigning.  It will be interesting
to see what impact this has....
=-=-=-=-=
From:   "OMB Watch" <ombwpromo at ombwatch.org>
Date:   3/23/01 6:23PM
Subject:        Petition to Preserve the Estate Tax

 From the Coalition to Preserve the Estate Tax:

MoveOn.org already has MORE THAN 17,000 INDIVIDUALS in
favor of preserving the estate tax.  This is a powerful statement.

As part of a coalition of nonprofit groups opposing repeal, we're
sending this petition to you with the hope that you will choose to
help the petition top off at 20,000 INDIVIDUAL SIGNATURES.
Even if your organization has signed on to similar petitions, this is
a chance for you to make your own statement against estate tax
repeal and then send it on to others for even more signatures!

Because the petition is sorted by state, we are able to use it in
lobbying visits and also hope to use the final document in a bigger
event.

DEADLINE FOR SIGNATURES IS WEDNESDAY, MARCH 28.

The petition, which allows for PERSONAL COMMENTS, is located
at http://www.moveon.org/savecharity/index.html and reads as
follows:

"Preserve the estate tax on the very rich, and defend our country's
proud legacy of charitable giving."

Coalition to Preserve the Estate Tax
1742 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20009