help organize CO and CD conference

colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Sun Mar 18 15:18:56 CST 2001

[ed:  you may want to contact Nancy directly if you are willing to
volunteer, but please feel free to copy COMM-ORG with ideas and/or
resources you might know of.]

From: "Nancy Marks" <NancyM at gbls.org>

Hi folks:

Is anyone interested in helping to pull together a workshop on CDCs and
community organizing (a kind of 'lessons from the field') for the National
Organizers Alliance (NOA) gathering in June?

I am the Director of Organizing at the Massachusetts Association of
Community Development Corporations in Boston.  I head up a program called
RHICO (Ricanne Hadrian Initiative on Community Organizing) which works with
CDCs to combine organizing and development work.

I am hoping to find one or two people who would like to help develop this
workshop...And, while RHICO has many trials and tribulations to share with
the field (as I imagine many of your organizations also do).  I envision
this workshop to be more participatory then just 'talking heads'.

Drop a line if you are interested. Thanks.

Nancy Marks
Director of Organizing
MACDC/RHICO
617.426.0303 x25