job: organizer

colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Sun Mar 11 15:47:46 CST 2001

[ed:  this job post includes salary info.]

From: Tony Mack <N2nma at aol.com>

NORTH-EASTERN MASSACHUSETTS ORGANIZER

Massachusetts Neighbor to Neighbor, organizing in low-income communities for
a statewide, progressive Working Family Agenda, seeks committed organizer for
communities north of Boston.

About Massachusetts Neighbor to Neighbor (N2N-MA):
N2N-MA is building a statewide social justice movement in low-income and
working class communities through organizing, grassroots lobbying, voter
registration and electoral campaigns. The Working Family Agenda-good jobs,
education and training, affordable child care, health care and housing, and a
welfare safety net-is the cornerstone of our program.  We promote activism
and develop leadership in low-income communities, and build broad coalitions
of labor and community organizations.  By bringing working people back into
the political process, we are holding politicians accountable to the needs of
working families and laying the foundation for a new, progressive majority in
Massachusetts.

About the Position:
The main responsibilities of the Organizer are:
- Identify and develop local grassroots leadership
- Build local grassroots volunteer organizations
- Conduct issue campaigns, voter mobilization drives, and electoral campaigns
- Do local media work
- Work on fundraising under the supervision of the Fundraising Director

Qualifications and Experience:
Demonstrated commitment to social change and political empowerment of
low-income and working class people.  Demonstrated enthusiasm for grassroots
outreach programs.  Persuasive communication skills.  Experience in issue,
labor, or electoral campaigns a must, along with fluency in Spanish.  Must be
able to own and operate a motor vehicle (mileage reimbursed).

Salary Scale and Benefits:
$26,000-$32,000 yearly.  Benefits include health, pension, three weeks paid
vacation, and comp time.

To Apply:  Send resume and letter to Director, Neighbor to Neighbor, 8 Beacon
St., 4th floor, Boston, MA 02108; fax: (617) 723-6766. Deadline March 23,
2001.