query: community-university partnerships

colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Wed Mar 7 21:20:52 CST 2001

[ed:  please copy COMM-ORG with your responses.  And a couple of sources
from me below.]

From: "Renee' B Myer" <rboutte at lsu.edu>

I am researching community/university partnership centers (or units with
similar missions that coordinate engagement ---outreach, service learning,
volunteerism, etc.) housed at public institutions.  I would like to get
ideas about organization, staffing, budgets and other helpful info.
Specifically, I am interested in where such entities are located within a
university (Academic vs. Research vs. Student Services vs.
Chancellor/President  Office)?  How many staff members such a
"center/office" would have? Sample budgets (average staff salaries,
operational costs, etc.)?

Thank you.

Renee' Boutte Myer
Assistant to the Chancellor
LSU A&M
156 Thomas Boyd Hall
Baton Rouge, LA  70803
Phone:  225-578-6977

[ed:  I just finished a research report on the diversity of programs out
there.  It is available at
http://comm-org.utoledo.edu/drafts/cbrreportb.htm.  In addition, Campus
Compact at http://www.compact.org, and the HUD COPC program
http://www.hud.gov/progdesc/copc.cfm should be of help.  I am also happy to
talk further and refer people to some of the specific programs out there.