announcements

colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Tue Mar 6 21:28:35 CST 2001

[ed:  the full text for the following 6 announcements is available from the
COMM-ORG Announcements page at
http://comm-org.utoledo.edu/pipermail/announce/2001-March/subject.html :

From: Sarena Seifer <sarena at u.washington.edu>

Subject:  Community-Campus Partnerships for Health Conference This Spring

Community-Campus Partnerships for Health is pleased to announce that
registration materials are now available for our 5th annual conference,
Health for All in 2010: Confirming our Commitment ~ Taking Action to be
held May 5-8, 2001 in San Antonio, Texas.

*****************************

From: "Paul Loeb" <paulloeb at bigfoot.com>

Subject:  PUBLIC SQUALOR BETRAYS OUR NATION'S SOUL

The political trade-offs we make between different priorities hit home to me
when President Bush proposed cutting an earthquake preparedness program the
morning this same program helped us survive our Seattle earthquake.

******************************

From: "Doug Hess" <DHess at frac.org>

Subject:  new state by state report on food and poverty

FRAC has our new annual "State of the States" report out. While this
focuses on food and nutrition programs (food stamps, WIC, school breakfast,
etc.), the report has a state by state page that my prove useful to people
for other purposes to people.

******************************

From: "Kenneth M. Reardon" <kmr22 at cornell.edu>

Subject:  2001 Planners Network Conference in Rochester, NY

Voices of Change: Lessons from Citizen Planners

Planners Network 2001 National Conference
Rochester, New York
June 21-24, 2001

*****************************

From: Peter Dreier <dreier at oxy.edu>

Subject: Progressive Los Angeles Network assembly/forum

What can progressives accomplish in local politics? What's our vision,
policy agenda, and political strategy? Find out at Saturday's Progressive
Los Angeles Network (PLAN) Assembly and Mayoral Candidates Forum.

From: "I  C A N !  America" <icanamerica at email.msn.com>

Subject:  Fw: THE CENTER FOR FAITH-BASED AND COMMUNITY INITIATIVES

The U. S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) invites you to
a Live, Instructional, and Educational Internet and Satellite Broadcast by
CENTER FOR FAITH-BASED & COMMUNITY INITIATIVES Concerning Assistance with
the HUD SuperNOFA for FY 2001