Internship sought: Turkey, Ireland, Eastern US

colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Sat Jun 2 15:54:03 CDT 2001

[ed:  please contact Fran at her e-mail address (below) to respond to this
message.]

From: Fran Tobin <fxtobin at juno.com>

Hello Comm-Org.

My partner and I have left our jobs in organizing and policy advocacy to
travel around the world.  We are hooking up with social change groups in
order to learn more about various issues and strategies, while travelling
and seeing the world.  Together we have about 30 years of experience in
organizing, advocacy, public policy, etc.

WE're current starting a month-or-so stint in India, working with the
people fighting against a series of awful dam projects that will destroy
dozens of villages while failing to deliver the drinking water or cheap
electricity beong rpomised by the sponsors.

Next, we plan to go to Turkey, then Ireland then the Eastern US.  We have
not yet set up arrangements in those places, so we're hoping some comm-org
members would be interested or would know of groups that we could hook up
with for about a month.  We're flexible, but would be thinking of working
roughly half-time in exchange for lodging and a chance to learn and
participate.

Our rough timeline is to go to Turkey at the end of June.  If you think you
migh tbe interested, send me an e-mail and I can tell you more about who we
are and what we have in mind.

Thanks.

Fran Tobin
fxtobin at juno.com