query: organizing around water shutoffs

colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Mon Jul 30 00:12:00 CDT 2001

[ed:  Please feel welcomed to copy COMM-ORG with any
thoughts on Paul's query.]

From: Paul Gowder <pgowder at yahoo.com>

Hi, I'm trying to develop a mixed legal/organizing strategy to
remedy some severe issues with water shutoffs in a small
municipal utility, including short notice times, totally inflexible
procedures (even for people with major health concerns),
outrageous fees, unresponsive city employees, etc. etc.  Has
anyone dealt with this situation from an organizing end before,
wouldn't mind chatting with me?  Thanks,

-Paul