Antioch's Environmental Advocacy and Organizing Program

colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu colist-admin at comm-org.utoledo.edu
Mon Jul 23 10:13:39 CDT 2001

From: "Steve Chase" <schase at igc.org>

Antioch New England To Launch A Masters Program
in Environmental Advocacy and Organizing!

"The typical environmental curriculum is incomplete! In biology
class, you can study the ecological consequences of clear-
cutting our last remaining ancient forests. In environmental
health class, you can study how exposure to toxic chemicals
interferes with the human reproductive system. But where do
you learn how to organize the public?"

-Janet Ross of the Four Corners School of Outdoor Education

Yes, where can you get advanced training in how to organize
the public to support environmental protection, corporate
accountability, and social and environmental justice?

The Environmental Studies Department of Antioch New
England Graduate School is pleased to announce that we are
creating a new masters program in Environmental Advocacy
and Organizing that offers political education and social action
training for people interested in working in the advocacy field.
For more information about our Environmental Advocacy and
Organizing Program, please check out the program's new
webpages at:

http://www.antiochne.edu/prospects/esm/advocacy/default.htm

Also, if you like what you see, please help us spread the word
by forwarding this URL to any individual, listserve, or
membership organization that you think might be interested.
We are counting on concerned people like you to help get the
word out about this innovative program.

Happily, we are already getting a good response. As one
prospective student wrote us recently:

"The proposed Environmental Advocacy and Organizing
Program is just what I have been looking for in a graduate
program. The subjects it embodies, (social justice,
globalization, organizing skills, history of social movements)
provide the exact elements I feel are missing from most
environmental studies programs. These and other virtues of
the Advocacy and Organizing Program make Antioch my first
choice for graduate school."

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Steve Chase
Department of Environmental Studies
Antioch New England Graduate School
40 Avon Street
Keene, NH 03431
Phone: 603-357-3122  x298
Fax: 603-357-0718
Email: Steven_Chase at antiochne.edu OR schase at igc.org

For information on our Environmental Advocacy and
Organizing Program:
http://www.antiochne.edu/prospects/esm/advocacy/default.htm

For information about our Individualized, Environmental
Education, Teacher Certification, Conservation Biology, or
Resource Management and Administration programs:
http://www.antiochne.edu/prospects/esm/esmdept.html